TRAILOKYA NATH GOSWAMI LIBRARY
The central library of Nalbari College is named after ‘TRAILOKYA NATH GOSWAMI’ the founder Principal of the College in recognition of his erudition and distinguished services to the College. The Library of this college has a very rich collection in various subjects which includes textbooks, reference books, journals, magazines and newspapers. Besides this, all departments have Departmental Libraries providing immense help to students in their academic pursuits.
Library Automation Programme:
SOUL 2.0 has been installed in the library since 2014 through which circulation work of the library has been started by using bar code in the students’ integrated identity card cum library card. The TNG Library is a registered member of N-LIST programme of INFLIBNET since December,2015. Recently a Digital Library Section has been started it will also serve as an E-resource centre. Wi-Fi connection in the college campus has been started too.
TNG Library provides the following for the benefit of the student community and the teaching faculty in general :
- A good collection of multiple copies of textbooks and other recommended books for the various courses offered in the college.
- A wide range of references documents such as Encyclopedias on various subjects, Dictionaries, Handbooks, Yearbooks, Manuals, Reports including a good number of Rare & Old government reports, Atlases, Gazetteers, Census reports etc.
- Light reading materials, Fiction, Humor books, Art books, Biographies etc.
- A select list of Journals
- Physical Facilities like Reading Rooms,Modern Furniture,Drinking water,computers,Modern lavatory,Equipment etc.
e-Books,e-Journals and Digital Database are accessed from INFLIBNET N-LIST databases.
The area of TNG Library building is 515 sq. mt. which accommodates different sections and has the sitting capacity as follows :
||Reading Room (Students)
||Reading Room (Teachers)